Flame retardants for polymers
Ecopiren in TPO roofing membranes Ecopiren in PVC wire and cable formulations Ecopiren in halogen-free wire and cable formulations Ecopiren in polyamide compounds Ecopiren as ATH replacement Ecopiren in ACP
- Metallurgical fluxFlux for steelmaking in converter Flux for steelmaking in Electric arc furnace
- Waste water and gas treatmentPrimary and secondary treatment Odor control and sludge dewatering Gas purification Gas desulfurization
- Technical rubber products
- Component for glass production
- Magnesium hydroxide in the pulp and paper industryChemical pulping Reagent for pulp bleaching Mechanical pulp bleaching
- Anti-caking agent for mineral fertilizersAnti-caking agent for ammonium nitrate Anti-caking agent for complex fertilizers
- FertilizersMagnesium fertilizer (improver) Liquid complex fertilizers
- Animal FeedMagnesium additive in feed for cattle Magnesium additive in feed for pigs
- Component for the production of magnesium productsMain page /Ranges of application / Magnesium hydroxide in the pulp and paper industry / Chemical pulp bleaching
Chemical pulp bleaching
BleachMag® reacts as an alkali source and cellulose protector in chemical pulp bleaching. BleachMagЃ slurry contains both hydroxyl ions OH- and magnesium ions Mg2+, so it can replace magnesium sulfate MgSO4, and substitute partially caustic soda NaOH, in chemical pulp bleaching. It has been proved in laboratory and mill that BleachMagЃ slurry is a cost effective option.
Dual action in chemical pulp bleaching
Magnesium hydroxide in general has a low solubility in water. However, in chemical pulp bleaching, the dissolution of BleachMag® is unproblematic, because the activation of hydrogen peroxide facilitates the dissolution. The peroxide activation to the right (1) consumes hydroxyl ions, which shifts the balance of magnesium hydroxide dissociation (2) also to the right. This results in both magnesium ions and hydroxyl ions available for cellulose protection and alkalinity requirements.
H2O2 + OH- ↔ HOO- +†H2O††— Peroxide Activation (1)
- Mg(OH)2 ↔ Mg+2 + 2OH- ЧMagnesium Hydroxide Dissociation (2)
The optimization of BleachMagЃ dosage in chemical pulp bleaching depends on the special targets at the pulp mill. Therefore, LLC «Russian Mining Chemical Company» provides samples and technical support for your tests. Our company can supply you a suspension BleachMagЃ, or dry powder of magnesium hydroxide, which you can slurry by yourself and use in the process of bleaching pulp.
Solutions for this field
The most demanded products of RMCC in this field are:
Contact us, our experts will provide you with advice on the use of the productBleachMag®
+7 495 789 65 30 email@example.com
Ecopiren Ч effective mineral flame retardant and smoke absorber for polymer composites based on magnesium hydroxide crushed
AktiMax Ч new environmentally friendly magnesium fertilizer for all crops as basic fertilizer and meliorant
AgroMag Ч conditioning additive (anti-caking agent) for use in the manufacture of ammonium nitrate and NPK
MagTreat Ч solution for water treatment and flue gas desulphurization
FluMag Ч highly efficient metallurgical magnesia based flux brucite Kuldur deposit
MagPro Ч used as a reagent for the vulcanization of rubber in the manufacture of rubber products
BleachMag Ч highly efficient new generation product for the production of cellulose and semi-high output
MagAdd Ч ideal raw material for the production of a wide range of magnesium compounds and products based on the best varieties of brucite
ристалћаг Ч примен€етс€ в стекловарении дл€ приготовлени€ стекольных шихтовых смесей, при производстве стекловолокна, листового стекла, стекл€нной тары, сортовых стеклоизделий
Subscribe and join team of professionals in industry!
We offer a free subscription to the news digest of LLC Russian Mining Chemical Company. Quarterly we will tell you about our brands, product innovations, interesting researches and send invitations to various events. We will be glad to see you among our subscribers!
To become a subscriber of the news digest, please, fill in the form below.
- Metallurgical flux