Flame retardants for polymers
Ecopiren in PVC wire and cable formulations Ecopiren in halogen-free wire and cable formulations Ecopiren in polyamide compounds Ecopiren as ATH replacement Ecopiren in ACP
- Metallurgical fluxFlux for steelmaking in converter Flux for steelmaking in Electric arc furnace
- Waste water and gas treatmentPrimary and secondary treatment Odor control and sludge dewatering Gas purification Gas desulfurization
- Technical rubber products
- Component for glass production
- Magnesium hydroxide in the pulp and paper industryChemical pulping Reagent for pulp bleaching Mechanical pulp bleaching
- Anti-caking agent for mineral fertilizersAnti-caking agent for ammonium nitrate Anti-caking agent for complex fertilizers
- FertilizersMagnesium fertilizer (improver) Liquid complex fertilizers
- Animal FeedMagnesium additive in feed for cattle Magnesium additive in feed for pigs
- Component for the production of magnesium productsMain page /Ranges of application / Magnesium hydroxide in the pulp and paper industry / Mechanical pulp bleaching
Mechanical pulp bleaching
In bleaching of mechanical pulps, BleachMag® reacts as a stabilizer and an alkali agent. BleachMag is a cost effective alternative to caustic soda and sodium silicate. BleachMagЃ can be used in all GW, PGW, RMP, TMP, and CTMP high yield mechanical pulp mills. BleachMagЃ slurry can also improve pulp strength and paper machine retention.
Benefits in bleaching, yield, and waste water treatment
The BleachMag® suspension releases alkalinity slowly, which activates the hydrogen peroxide, and dissociates it into a perhydroxyl anion with the controlled rate. Therefore, process with BleachMagЃ exploits the peroxide more effectively than a process with caustic soda.
Reducing the concentration perhydroxyl anions in fixed time, BleachMagЃ also reduces the potential of decomposition that is caused by the interaction of perhydroxyl anions with hydrogen peroxide. The low amount of transition metals in the BleachMagЃ slurry reduces the decomposition rate of hydrogen peroxide which is catalyzed by Fe- , and Mn- ions.
At equal dosage, the process with BleachMagЃ allows to achieve a higher content of peroxide in comparison with the caustic soda.
Reusing of residual peroxide or reducing of initial dosage can significantly reduce the cost of pulp and paper production.
In addition, due to the controlled release of hydroxide ions in using of BleachMagЃ, peroxide bleaching takes place at pH in the range of 6.5–8.0, — it reduces the alkali darkening and dissolution of hemicellulose and lignin.
Magnesium cation is divalent, unlike monovalent sodium cation. Thus, it improves the treatment of waste water, because in the coagulation polyvalent cations works better than monovalent cations.
Since each production its own demands to the conditions and quality of bleaching, LLC «Russian Mining Chemical Company» can provide the necessary number of samples and to accommodate the technical support for all the tests.
Solutions for this field
The most demanded products of RMCC in this field are:
Contact us, our experts will provide you with advice on the use of the productBleachMag®
+7 495 789 65 30 email@example.com
© LLC «RMCC» 2008–2018
Ecopiren Ч effective mineral flame retardant and smoke absorber for polymer composites based on magnesium hydroxide crushed
AktiMax Ч new environmentally friendly magnesium fertilizer for all crops as basic fertilizer and meliorant
AgroMag Ч conditioning additive (anti-caking agent) for use in the manufacture of ammonium nitrate and NPK
MagTreat Ч solution for water treatment and flue gas desulphurization
FluMag Ч highly efficient metallurgical magnesia based flux brucite Kuldur deposit
MagPro Ч used as a reagent for the vulcanization of rubber in the manufacture of rubber products
BleachMag Ч highly efficient new generation product for the production of cellulose and semi-high output
MagAdd Ч ideal raw material for the production of a wide range of magnesium compounds and products based on the best varieties of brucite
ристалћаг Ч примен€етс€ в стекловарении дл€ приготовлени€ стекольных шихтовых смесей, при производстве стекловолокна, листового стекла, стекл€нной тары, сортовых стеклоизделий
All rights reserved
- Metallurgical flux