Flame retardants for polymers
Ecopiren in TPO roofing membranes Ecopiren in PVC wire and cable formulations Ecopiren in halogen-free wire and cable formulations Ecopiren in polyamide compounds Ecopiren as ATH replacement Ecopiren in ACP
- Metallurgical fluxFlux for steelmaking in converter Flux for steelmaking in Electric arc furnace
- EcologyWastewater treatment Flue gas desulfurization
- Technical rubber products
- Exhaust gas cleaning on ships
- Magnesium hydroxide in the pulp and paper industryChemical pulping Reagent for pulp bleaching Mechanical pulp bleaching
- Anti-caking agent for mineral fertilizersAnti-caking agent for ammonium nitrate Anti-caking agent for complex fertilizers
- FertilizersAgroMag® Granular AgroMag® Aktimax
- Animal FeedMagnesium additive in feed for cattle Magnesium additive in feed for pigs
- Component for the production of magnesium productsMain page /Ranges of application / Metallurgical flux / Flux for steelmaking in Electric arc furnace
Flux for steelmaking in electric arc furnace
Magnesium flux FluMag® is to saturate the magnesium oxide slag and wear and tear slag formation on the lining ledge.
FluMag® is recommended to add during melting of metal stock in the Electric Arc Furnace with a batch feeding ending in 1-2 minutes before the issuance of the steel furnace, as well as in steel lable slag to increase the resistance of a slag layer.
Acting mechanism of action of
high-Mgflux FluMag®Application of the slag skull on converter lining
- FluMag® consisting of Mg(OH)2, forms an ultrafine MgO after brucite rapid dehidration, during its reaction with high temperature molten slag
- Ultrafine MgO reacts with the active iron oxides in the slag and it generates there high-temperature phases periclase and magnesioferrite with an increase in slag viscosity and formation of a resistant slag scull on the lining
- Gaseous H2O contributes to the stabilization of the foaming slag in the furnace. It is removed via flue or tho the atmosphere.The hydrogen content of steel is not increased.
Solutions for this field
The most demanded products of RMCC in this field are:
Contact us, our experts will provide you with advice on the use of the productFluMag®
+7 495 789 65 30 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ecopiren — effective mineral flame retardant and smoke absorber for polymer composites based on magnesium hydroxide crushed
AktiMax — new environmentally friendly magnesium fertilizer for all crops as basic fertilizer and meliorant
AgroMag — conditioning additive (anti-caking agent) for use in the manufacture of ammonium nitrate and NPK
MagTreat — solution for water treatment and flue gas desulphurization
FluMag — highly efficient metallurgical magnesia based flux brucite Kuldur deposit
MagPro — used as a reagent for the vulcanization of rubber in the manufacture of rubber products
BleachMag — highly efficient new generation product for the production of cellulose and semi-high output
MagAdd — ideal raw material for the production of a wide range of magnesium compounds and products based on the best varieties of brucite
Subscribe and join team of professionals in industry!
We offer a free subscription to the news digest of LLC Russian Mining Chemical Company. Quarterly we will tell you about our brands, product innovations, interesting researches and send invitations to various events. We will be glad to see you among our subscribers!
To become a subscriber of the news digest, please, fill in the form below.
- Metallurgical flux