Flame retardants for polymers
Ecopiren in TPO roofing membranes Ecopiren in PVC wire and cable formulations Ecopiren in halogen-free wire and cable formulations Ecopiren in polyamide compounds Ecopiren as ATH replacement Ecopiren in ACP
- Metallurgical fluxFlux for steelmaking in converter Flux for steelmaking in Electric arc furnace
- EcologyWastewater treatment Flue gas desulfurization
- Technical rubber products
- Exhaust gas cleaning on ships
- Magnesium hydroxide in the pulp and paper industryChemical pulping Reagent for pulp bleaching Mechanical pulp bleaching
- Anti-caking agent for mineral fertilizersAnti-caking agent for ammonium nitrate Anti-caking agent for complex fertilizers
- FertilizersMagnesium fertilizer (improver) Liquid complex fertilizers
- Animal FeedMagnesium additive in feed for cattle Magnesium additive in feed for pigs
- Component for the production of magnesium products
Exhaust gas cleaning on ships
Sulfur pollutes environment through formation of sulfur dioxide SO2 during burning of heavy fuels. Marine vessels faced strict legislation on 1 January 2015, when the limits were set for sulfur oxides (SOx) in so-called Sulfur Emission Control Areas (SECAs). From 1 January 2020, other areas outside the SECAs must comply with new regulations. In order to do that, ship owners need to adjust the fuel and to clean the exhaust gases from vessels.
One way is to clean the exhaust gases in exhaust gas cleaning systems (EGCS), also called marine gas scrubbers. As open-loop scrubbers continue being banned in many countries, hybrid and closed-loop scrubbers tend to appear the most popular solutions for compliance with IMO 2020. In those devices an alkali solution is applied for neutralization of acidic SOx gases.
Picture 1 – A principle of hybrid system in closed loop
Natural magnesium hydroxide MagTreat®-S is a safe and efficient alkali for application in exhaust gas cleaners on ships:
- Safe for the crew and environment, exempted from REACH registration
- Ecological product with low carbon footprint, non-corrosive
- The most cost effective alkali compared to others
- Saves storage space onboard
- Available as ready-to-apply stabilized suspension with the highest solids content - 65%
Picture 2 – Effectiveness of MagTreat®-S
One need 25-30% less volume of MagTreat®-S in comparison with hazardous caustic soda, the main alkali used in scrubbers.
Thanks to our own resource base with confirmed reserves >8 mln.tons, we can guarantee stable prices for our customers across the world. MagTreat®-S can be quickly delivered within Europe due to improved production facilities network.
- Great availability and reliable delivery time
- High quality technical support from specialists and R&D department
Contact us, our experts will provide you with advice on the use of the productMagTreat®
+7 495 789 65 30 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ecopiren — effective mineral flame retardant and smoke absorber for polymer composites based on magnesium hydroxide crushed
AktiMax — new environmentally friendly magnesium fertilizer for all crops as basic fertilizer and meliorant
AgroMag — conditioning additive (anti-caking agent) for use in the manufacture of ammonium nitrate and NPK
MagTreat — solution for water treatment and flue gas desulphurization
FluMag — highly efficient metallurgical magnesia based flux brucite Kuldur deposit
MagPro — used as a reagent for the vulcanization of rubber in the manufacture of rubber products
BleachMag — highly efficient new generation product for the production of cellulose and semi-high output
MagAdd — ideal raw material for the production of a wide range of magnesium compounds and products based on the best varieties of brucite
Subscribe and join team of professionals in industry!
We offer a free subscription to the news digest of LLC Russian Mining Chemical Company. Quarterly we will tell you about our brands, product innovations, interesting researches and send invitations to various events. We will be glad to see you among our subscribers!
To become a subscriber of the news digest, please, fill in the form below.
- Metallurgical flux