Flame retardants for polymers
Ecopiren in PVC wire and cable formulations Ecopiren in halogen-free wire and cable formulations Ecopiren in polyamide compounds Ecopiren as ATH replacement Ecopiren in ACP
- Metallurgical fluxFlux for steelmaking in converter Flux for steelmaking in Electric arc furnace
- Waste water and gas treatmentPrimary and secondary treatment Odor control and sludge dewatering Gas purification Gas desulfurization
- Technical rubber products
- Component for glass production
- Magnesium hydroxide in the pulp and paper industryChemical pulping Reagent for pulp bleaching Mechanical pulp bleaching
- Anti-caking agent for mineral fertilizersAnti-caking agent for ammonium nitrate Anti-caking agent for complex fertilizers
- FertilizersMagnesium fertilizer (improver) Liquid complex fertilizers
- Animal FeedMagnesium additive in feed for cattle Magnesium additive in feed for pigs
- Component for the production of magnesium productsMain page /Ranges of application / Flame retardants for polymers / Ecopiren in halogen-free wire and cable formulations
Ecopiren in halogen-free wire and cable formulations
Environmental standards and regulations has become more strict during recent years. Therefore in some areas PVC due to its high chlorine content and smoke emission can’t be used. In such cases halogen-free compositions based on polyolefin are used.
Because of low crystallinity non-halogen compositions may contain different amounts of Ecopiren® flame retardants which results in a set of composite materials with a wide range of mechanical and FR properties. Such materials have been increasingly applied as sheath or bedding of cable products in recent years.
A range of Ecopiren® flame retardants can be successfully applied in such polymer compositions.
Below are shown typical halogen-free formulations containing Ecopiren® 3.5, 3.5C, 10 grade and shown flammability and physical property results for each formulation.
Typical halogen-free highly filled wire and cable formulations with Ecopiren®:
EVA insulation (% by mass)
PE sheath (% by mass)
PE bedding (% by mass)
EVA Mixture EVA 18% & 28% 28 - - ULDPE Ultra light dens. PE - 23,5 8-13 LLDPE Liniar LDPE 4 8 8 Malic angidrude coupling agent Content ÌÀ-1% 4 3,5 2 Synthetic ATH Fine precipitated D50 1,5 microns 38 - - Ecopiren® 3,5Ñ Stearic coated 20 - - Ecopiren® 3,5 Uncoated - 63 - Ecopiren® 10 - - 75-80 Processing aid Silicon masterbatch 2 2 2 100 100 100 Properties Density, g/ñm3 1,47 1,46 1,72 Tensile, MPa 12,0 11,0 - Elongation, % 175 200 - LOI 37 35 40-60
All the examples show high oxygen index values. Halogen-free high filled compounds with Ecopiren® 3,5 and 10 fit UL94 V-0 standart. Ecopiren® grades successfully used as FR filler in a number of halogen-free polymer compositions for production of cable insulation materials. For more information please contact our technical product team via the web-form or by phone.
Solutions for this field
The most demanded products of RMCC and Europiren in this field are:
Ecopiren® 3,5; Ecopiren® 3,5C; Ecopiren® 3,5NA; Ecopiren® 3,5NP; Ecopiren® 10
Contact us, our experts will provide you with advice on the use of the productEcopiren®
+7 495 789 65 30 email@example.com
© LLC «RMCC» 2008–2018
Ecopiren — effective mineral flame retardant and smoke absorber for polymer composites based on magnesium hydroxide crushed
AktiMax — new environmentally friendly magnesium fertilizer for all crops as basic fertilizer and meliorant
AgroMag — conditioning additive (anti-caking agent) for use in the manufacture of ammonium nitrate and NPK
MagTreat — solution for water treatment and flue gas desulphurization
FluMag — highly efficient metallurgical magnesia based flux brucite Kuldur deposit
MagPro — used as a reagent for the vulcanization of rubber in the manufacture of rubber products
BleachMag — highly efficient new generation product for the production of cellulose and semi-high output
MagAdd — ideal raw material for the production of a wide range of magnesium compounds and products based on the best varieties of brucite
ÊðèñòàëÌàã — ïðèìåíÿåòñÿ â ñòåêëîâàðåíèè äëÿ ïðèãîòîâëåíèÿ ñòåêîëüíûõ øèõòîâûõ ñìåñåé, ïðè ïðîèçâîäñòâå ñòåêëîâîëîêíà, ëèñòîâîãî ñòåêëà, ñòåêëÿííîé òàðû, ñîðòîâûõ ñòåêëîèçäåëèé
All rights reserved
- Metallurgical flux